This website is provided by Savills Inc. (“Savills,” “we” and “our”).
Savills is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This Privacy Notice explains how we use the information we collect about you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy. Any reference to “you” or “your” refers to anyone whose personal information we process.
Savills is a controller for the personal information that it collects and uses about you. We will treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
1. What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you submit your information via the website so that you can receive our research reports or make another inquiry, we need to know your name, e-mail address, and contact telephone numbers.
We gather this information to allow us to process your request and provide you with the research reports and other information requested by you.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
If you no longer wish to receive information from our group of companies about services or products which we think may be of interest to you, please send a blank e-mail message to email@example.com.
2. How we protect your information
The security of information is very important to us and we have measures in place which are designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through this website, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through this website and you do so at your own risk.
3. Service Providers
We may contract with service providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions (“Service Providers”). We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using personal information other than as specified by us.
4. Sale of business
If we sell any part of our business and/or integrate it with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and to any prospective purchaser or joint venture partners and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business. If this occurs the new owners of the business will only be permitted to use your information in the same or similar way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
5. Lawful basis for processing for EU residents
Under data protection legislation in the EU, we are only permitted to use the personal information of EU residents if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information:
- Where we need information to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in Savills' legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
- Processing that is necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns. – this will include sending you marketing information from time to time after you have engaged us to provide services or received services from us either which may be similar and of interest to you or where you have expressly indicated that you would like to receive such information. You have the right to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- Processing that is necessary to improve our knowledge of the real estate sector – this will include undertaking market analysis and research so that we better understand trends in the property sector and provide better knowledge along with more tailored and relevant services for our customers in the future.
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively – this will include: verifying the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer; processing for administrative efficiency purposes such as where we outsource certain administrative functions to third parties who are in such services; processing for network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorized access or to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of any of your rights outlined below.
- In more limited circumstances we may also rely on the following legal bases:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
6. Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to Savills changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Your rights in relation to your personal information
If you are a resident of the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal information
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate
- Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If Savills is continuing to process personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected
- If Savills is relying on consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw consent
- If Savills is relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us continue with the processing
- If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation)
- If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- personal information is inaccurate
- our processing of your personal information is unlawful
- where we no longer need the personal information but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
- where you have raised an objection to our use of your personal information
- Request a copy of certain personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to personal information that you have provided to us that we need in order to perform our agreement with you and personal information where we are relying on consent to process your personal information
- Object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your personal information; and
- Not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
- Lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact email@example.com.
8. Advertising and Online Tracking
We may allow third-party companies to serve ads and collect certain information when you visit this website. These companies may use certain information (e.g. click stream information, web browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of our Service Providers who utilize these cookies on this website enable you to opt out of targeted advertising practices. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices/. We also provide you with additional tools to opt out of marketing from us. You can learn about this in Section 1 above.
9. Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
To opt out of sharing your personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. Please see Section 6 (Updating your details) above for additional information.
10. Children's Privacy
This website is intended for users who are 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
11. Overseas transfers of your personal information
Because the Internet infrastructure is global the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the United States that do not have similar data protection legislation during use as set out in this Privacy Notice. However, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place to protect the security of your information.
12. How to contact Savills
We welcome your views about this website and Privacy Notice. If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit certain websites and allows a website to recognize a user's computer. Cookies are used to help users navigate websites more efficiently and to perform certain functions, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
What cookies do Savills use?
We use the following cookies on the website:
- Giosg Live Chat
- Google Adwords
- Google Analytics
- iGo digital
- LinkedIn Conversion Tracking and Insight Tag
- TV Squared
How do I restrict or delete cookies?
Many of the cookies we use are essential for parts of this website to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this website, but please be aware that restricting or deleting cookies may impact on the functionality of this website.
Your web browser may allow you to restrict or delete cookies set by this website. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides general information about cookies and how you can manage cookies on your computer.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.